Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hi, Highlanders!

 

I put off painting my batallion of Highlanders as long as I was able.  Tartans are a bear.  My one offort at painting them (in 15mm) was a pretty miserable failure.  These guys, inspired by the 92nd (Gordon) Highlanders, are a little better.  They stand up to the "three feet rule," if you're myopic and a little drunk.  The kilts were a learning experience, but I have a long way to go before they are in the same league as some of the showcase models I see on TMP.  The socks and headbands were tedious, but I'm happy with how they came out.


Along with the KGL unit to their rear, these Highlanders mark the end of my first phase of painting my British army.  All together, I have seven line units, one Highlander, two light infantry, one rifle unit, three Portuguese line, one cacadore, two units of light cavalry, and four batteries of guns.  I'll try to get a group shot tomorrow.

No comments: