Sunday, February 12, 2012

15mm Zulu War British

Well, I can honestly say that painting Zulus is a lot easier than painting Colonial-era British soldiers. Nonetheless, the Old Glory soldiers painted up easily, and any roughness in the paint job is the fault of the artist, not the caster. I left a few of the helmets white. I figured that the officer would not go for such a craven practice as camouflage, and the sergeant would just be too badass to feel the need to hide his gleaming white helmet. The others are just rookies who don't know any better. I chose to paint both jacket and trousers several shades lighter than color charts would indicate. I'm glad of my decision. Both came out dark as it is.

At this rate, I can be done with the whole lot by May. As I wrote before, though, I doubt I'll be able to wait that long before I start on the terrain and have an old-school fracas in my basement.



No comments: