Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zulu! The first batch begins...

My first batch consists of 46 Zulus and 21 British. As you can see, I glued the shields on, and most are holding well enough. Three snapped off in the early stages. I'm hoping that the spray primer I'm using is load-bearing. The shields look pretty good, after all, though some seem to be held with European-style straps rather than in the Zulu manner, held by the hand. I like these scuplts. They convey a sense of energy and they already look good en masse, even in their unpainted state. Click the photo below to see it enlarged.

Here are five British poses. The sand I used to texture the bases all came from my daughter's shoes. She accumulated so much every day at recess that I joked that I could build an army out of all she brought home. The prophesy is fulfilled...


No comments: