Saturday, May 28, 2011

10mm Old Glory Knights

I finished my first batch of 10mm knights, mounted for Impetus. I'm a clumsy painter, so I let myself follow the heraldry of the 12th-13th century. The figures (Old Glory Grand Scale 10mm) are sculpted for 15th century, so they're a little anachronistic. But have you seen taht 15th century heraldry? Ain't no paintbrush in the world that would work in 10mm scale. So I'll live with anachronism.

Hey, I have a Ph.D. in Medieval Studies. Who are you to criticize me? These knights reflect a "retro" craze that was all the rage in 1447. Yeah, that's it. I read it in an unpublished manuscript somewhere. So there.

Anyhow, I know I can do better than this. My ink wash came out a little heavy, resulting in a muddy look. At least the colors are bright, and one has to love the look of the Impetus "big bases".

In the first photo, my billmen are thinking that their days as tabletop soldiers are seriously numbered... (As always, click to enlarge)


And here, the knights show off their discipline in an echelon parade maneuver.

Did I mention that I was using these knights for fantasy battles as well? :)

2 comments:

War Minister Crittumbo said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nicely done. I don't see any glaring mistakes in the paint jobs.

Stig of the Dump said...

they are looking very nice, i like em!

steve.