Monday, January 19, 2009

In 113

I got it into my head to write a song for my art history class. At the risk of making a humiliation in front of thirteen students gain a truly global reach, here are the lyrics.

In 113
*to the tune of "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid


The artists in ancient Egypt
drew men from the front and side.
Was the pharaoh going or coming?
Who cares? Just enjoy the ride.
Just study the Big 200,
You’ll learn things and then rejoice.
Ace every one of your quizzes,
Four point or multiple choice.

In 113,
Room 113!
Darling it's cooler
Than the whole school here
Take it from me!
We have no anxieties,
Just a naked Hercules.
No time for crammin’
While we be jammin’
In 113!

Hey, Ms Professor Stokstad,
Could you write a little less?
My art book is so damn heavy,
I use it for my bench press.
In class I am always happy--
Relax and enjoy the slides,
temples and great stupas now,
Where the gods live deep inside.

In 113,
Room 113.
In cities Roman
Temples and homes are
With symmetry!
Did you study for the quiz today?
No, so let’s get Rabuck astray.
We’ll hear the stories
‘Bout travel’s glories,
In 133!
-Room 113.
Since life is sweet here
We got the beat here
Naturally
Haigia Sofia’s got a dome
Rabuck’s got a Y chromosome,
It’s all alone there
In his big black chair
In 113!

No comments: